Do I need to travel to Florida to take my three state certification tests?


Not in most cases. The Florida Department of Education has contracted with Pearson Testing Centers across the United States and on some US overseas military bases to offer the certification tests.

However, not all testing centers issue the FTCE exams.

If you are taking subject area exams for one of the World Languages, you will only be able take your subject area exam in Florida, due to a hands-on component.  A list of testing sites is available at If you are military personnel or a spouse of military personnel, you can contact the education center on base to determine if you are able to take your test on a military base. This option is only available for those individuals who are employed by or retired from the military and spouses.

Recent Posts