What Teaching Credentials Will I Receive?
If you are a US citizen, you will earn the following teaching credentials, when you complete all program requirements:
- Florida Professional Teacher Certification
- TeacherReady Certificate of Completion
- University of West Florida Transcripts
- Competency 2 Florida Reading Endorsement certificate
- Up to 12 credit hours towards select master’s programs at Colorado State University – Global Campus and the University of West Florida
The TeacherReady team will complete and submit all necessary forms to the Florida Bureau of Educator Certification. The Florida Department of Education will then notify you to submit your fingerprints for background clearance. Following clearance, the Florida Department of Education will award you the Florida Professional Teacher Certification as proof of your professional teaching credentials.
If you are not a US citizen, you will need to meet these additional requirements to be awarded your Florida Professional Teacher Certification:
- A teaching job in the State of Florida
- A current, valid, US Social Security Number (required to take the Florida Teacher Certification Exams)
Continuing Your Education: Master’s Credit Benefits
Once you complete the TeacherReady® program, you have the potential to be awarded up to 12 semester hours of credit toward select master’s programs at the Colorado State University Global or the University of West Florida.
For more information on the graduate programs, please contact the appropriate university department: