TUITION & COST
The full teacher certification costs from TeacherReady application to program completion are listed below. These costs are payable to TeacherReady or the State of Florida (depending on the source of the expense).
|$50||TeacherReady® Application Fee|
|$200||TeacherReady® Administrative Fee
$50/month across the first four (4) payments
|$5,400||Tuition for Program and Book|
|$75||Florida Department of Education Application Fee|
|$600 approx.||Florida Teacher Certification Exams|
Funding Information and Options
Please review the TeacherReady Refund & Repayment Policy.
Military Personnel and their Spouses can receive financial aid. Financial benefits will be based on the current military status, education funding available to them, and their chosen degree path. For more information, please contact us. You can also find information about military financial benefits at one of the links, below:
- Military OneSource
- MyCAA Military Spouse Funding
- TeacherReady Service Member Scholarship
- Proud to Serve Again
The Florida Department of Education now offers a Military Certification Fee Waiver for service members, veterans, and dependents. This waiver includes:
- $75 per subject area for an initial certification application with the FLDOE
- Registration fees for initial attempts on the Florida Teacher Certification Exams
Most students pay for each lesson as they are enrolling in the lesson, typically as a monthly installment. You will not be charged interest or an additional fee for making your payment in lesson installments to TeacherReady. The program should be completed and paid in full within 12 months of the start date. Tuition cost per lesson is:
|Lesson||Tuition + Administrative Fee Cost|
|Four (4) Foundation Courses||$500 (including admin fee)|
|Eight (8) Intensive Lessons||$450 per lesson|
The TeacherReady® Program does not qualify for federally funded financial aid such as FAFSA or Pell Grants.
The TeacherReady® Program qualifies for continuing education loans:
- “Smart Option Loans” are offered through Sallie Mae. These are credit-based loans sponsored by the federal government. Apply for a Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan at https://www.salliemae.com/student-loans/smart-option-student-loan/?lnkid=SM-HP-loanoptions-undergrad. To apply by phone, call 877-279-7172. The school name needed for your Sallie Mae application is The University of West Florida – Continuing Education.
- Graduate-level certificate loans are available through SoFi. Create an account with SoFi and apply for a graduate-level certification program loan here: https://www.sofi.com/private-student-loans/graduate-loans/. The school code associated with your loan is 003955-98.