Can I specialize in ESOL or Reading as my subject area?


You can complete the TeacherReady Program earning certification in ESOL.  However, to renew your ESOL certification, you are required to have ESOL coursework. Contact the FLDOE for more information.

Reading requires master’s degree coursework specific to Reading in Florida so you are unable to get Reading Certification with TeacherReady. However, if you hold a certification in another subject area, you can begin completing the 12 Reading Endorsements required by the FLDOE to add Reading to your certification, instead of obtaining a master’s degree in Reading. TeacherReady will fulfill one of the 12 Reading Endorsements.

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search