TeacherReady Application Process

Application Process


Complete Your Application Packet

Submit your online application, upload your college transcripts (official or unofficial), and pay the $30 application fee to complete the first step in the application process to begin your online teacher certification program.


Complete Your Enrollment Packet

Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email with some additional instructions to complete your enrollment.

Enrollment Documents
  1. Florida Department of Education Proof of Application
  2. TeacherReady® Enrollment Agreement
  3. TeacherReady® Field Placement Form

*You will receive an email with a link to these documents after your application is processed.


Make Your First Tuition Payment

Now you are ready to make your first tuition payment. Once your payment and enrollment packet have been completed, you will be enrolled in your first online teacher preparation course.

Talk to an admissions advisor

Question about admissions requirements, enrollment documents, or the application process? We are ready to help.

Phone: 850.898.3949


Email: teacherready@studereducation.com

Learn More About Admission Requirements

Learn about start times, pre-requisites, and more.

Admission Requirements



Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university.



Candidates must show that they have achieved a 2.5 GPA or higher in the last 60 hours of coursework.

Is teaching right for me?

Explore teaching as a career and lifestyle. Learn what life is like in and out of the classroom for teachers and what they are doing every day to make miracles happen.

Visit the TeacherReady Blog >>

What will I learn?

The TeacherReady® curriculum is expertly designed by accomplished teachers to help you develop the skills to be a quality educator, no matter what subject you choose to teach.  Find out what the best teachers are doing to make a difference.

Explore the TeacherReady Coursework >>

Funding Options

Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan

“Smart Option Loans” are low interest loans sponsored by the federal government. The school name needed for your Sallie Mae application is The University of West Florida – Continuing Education. To apply for the loan by phone, call 877-279-7172.

Apply for a Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan>>

Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan

“Wells Fargo Collegiate Loans” are offered through Wells Fargo Bank. These loans have a choice of fixed or variable interest rate options. The school name needed for your Wells Fargo application is The University of West Florida – Continuing Education.

Apply for a Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan >>

TeacherReady Service Members Scholarship

We appreciate our military members for their service to our country and for the leadership that they bring to the classroom when choosing to teach. If you are an active duty or honorably discharged military veteran, we are pleased to offer you a scholarship to cover $2,500 toward becoming a teacher with the TeacherReady® program.

Apply for the TeacherReady® Service Members Scholarship>>

MyCAA Military Spouse Funding

MyCareerWorks offers the MyCAA Scholarship to military spouses, which provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance toward career advancement education. Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve component in these same pay grades.

Apply for the MyCAA Scholarship >>

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I work and participate in the TeacherReady Program?

Yes. The TeacherReady Program was designed for you. Coursework is available to you, online, so that you can access it at any time. You do not need to be logged into the learning system at specific times to view live lectures. You do not have group-work assignments. So, you will not need to schedule around other students.

You will work with a mentor teacher in your local community to complete your require field hours. You will have the flexibility to work with your mentor to define a schedule that works for both of you. This may require a bit of flexibility in your schedule. If you need help finding scheduling solutions, your Field Placement Advisor is ready to help you.

The final field experience will require that you teach for five, full, consecutive days in your mentor’s classroom. You should build in a plan to arrange for this time with your employer as you near the final field experience and have a feel for when you will complete this activity.

Do you need an official transcript from my college?

No. You do not need to send an official transcript to apply for the TeacherReady® Program. You can email or fax an unofficial copy to our office as part of the application requirements;

Email: teacherready@studereducation.com

Fax: 850-332-5446

*Please note that in the second phase of the TeacherReady® admissions process you will be asked to submit an application with the FLDOE. This application will require an official copy of your college transcripts.


How long will it take to know if I’m accepted?

Your completed application packet will be reviewed within 48 business hours of submission for acceptance. Upon review, a formal acceptance letter will be sent to you via email. The acceptance letter will include the additional steps and enrollment documents that you will complete to get started with your first lesson.

Are you NCATE accredited, and what does this mean for me?

Yes. TeacherReady is NCATE/CAEP accredited. It is a graduate-level alternative teacher preparation program, designated as an Educator Preparation Institute (EPI). The program is state-approved and nationally and regionally accredited as part of the University of West Florida Professional Education unit.

Most states require that teachers complete their teacher education courses through a program that has been reviewed and approved by NCATE/CAEP or another accrediting body.

How do I transfer my Florida Professional Teacher Certification to my state?

Teacher certification in a particular state is transferrable to another state through a process called “reciprocity”. To find out what your state requires from you to transfer Florida Professional Teacher Certification, please visit our State Certification Transfer Map: https://www.teacherready.org/certificate-transfer-map/. From this map, you can contact the Department of Education in your state to find out their state reciprocity requirements. We recommend that you ask your Department of Education this question: “How do I transfer a clear, renewable, professional teaching certificate from Florida to become certified in your state?”