Online Alternative Teacher Certification Program
TeacherReady® is an online alternative teacher certification program designed to make becoming a teacher an achievable goal:
- We deliver your coursework through an online platform where you can log in anytime.
- You are not required to complete group assignments.
- You can complete your fieldwork with a manageable schedule by spreading your hours out across the program.
- We help you find a mentor and a classroom for your fieldwork.
- Teachers can complete field hours in their own classrooms.
- We guide you in the teacher certification exams process so that you are successful in qualifying for certification.
You can earn a Florida Professional Teaching Certificate in over 30 subject areas. Students enrolled after April 4, 2022, can also receive a Florida Reading Endorsement upon completing the program. In order to add the Florida Reading Endorsement, students must apply through the FLDOE. Learn more here. Students getting certified in Pre-K Primary, Elementary Education, English 5-9, English 6-12, ESOL, and Exceptional Student Education are required to apply for the Florida Reading Endorsement with the FLDOE. While all TeacherReady students will meet the requirements upon completion, students obtaining certification in other areas than mentioned above can elect not to apply for the endorsement.
You can transfer your teaching certificate to other states by following that state’s reciprocal certification process. Visit our Certification Transfer Map to learn more about teacher certification transfer processes in individual states.
The TeacherReady® Online Teacher Certification Program is Florida state-approved and is the Educator Preparation Institute for the Professional Education Unit at the University of West Florida. The program is CAEP accredited. Learn more about the accreditation. >>