What tests do I need to take to become certified?


To earn you professional certification through TeacherReady, you will need to pass the three Florida exams: General Knowledge (GK) test, Subject Area Exam (SAE), and Professional Education (PEd) test. These are computer-based exams taken at local testing centers throughout the United States and on some overseas US Military Bases. If you live near a testing center, we recommend that you:

  • Take the Subject Area Exam test during Lesson 3
  • Take the General Knowledge Exam during Lesson 5
  • Take the Professional Education test after Lesson 7, since TeacherReady curriculum will helps prepare you for this exam

The most important aspect is to prepare for the exams using recommended study materials and practice tests. If you live a long distance from a testing site or you live overseas, you should consider travel expenses when scheduling the three exams. You may choose to take all the exams within a two-day period. All exams cannot be scheduled for the same day.

You can find out more information about these tests at http://www.fl.nesinc.com/. You can also contact the Office of Assessment for more information. Their contact information can be found at http://www.fldoe.org/testing.

Use the following web address to find the testing center closest to you: http://www.fl.nesinc.com/FL_TestDates.asp

Recent Posts